VISION, MISSION, OBJECTIVE & OUTCOMES
B.E – Computer Science & Engineering
To empower students of Computer Science and Engineering Department to be technologically adept, innovative, self-motivated and responsible global citizen possessing human values and enable them to contribute in the industrial development innovation, high quality technical education and research with the ever-changing world.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering strives to prepare student.
- For a challenging professional career and nurture their entrepreneurship ability by grooming their leadership skills and innovative ability, thereby enabling them to serve the engineering profession and society.
- To accomplish higher studies by providing conducive teaching- leaning, research environment.
Programme Specific Objectives (PSOs):
- PSO 1: Professional Skills
The ability to comprehend, analyze, design, implement and conduct research in the domain of Computer Algorithms, Application Development, Operating Systems & Allied Areas, Computer Networks & Security, Software Design, Data Mining and Big Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, Analog and Digital Circuits.
- PSO 2: Problem Solving Skills
Ability to apply the techniques of Data Base Management, mathematical techniques, and adopt standard software engineering and professional practices to evolve optimal solutions.
- PSO 3: Ethics and Career Development
Inculcate skills required for a successful career in the industry based on sound principles of software project management, teamwork and ethical practices, develop the spirit of entrepreneurship and also nurture the quest for higher levels of knowledge.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- PEO 1: Excel in Professional career by acquiring knowledge in Basic Sciences, Computer Science and Engineering principles.
- PEO 2: Graduates are capable of pursuing higher education and research.
- PEO 3: Adapt to technological advancements by engaging in lifelong learning with leadership qualities, professional ethics and soft skills.
Programme Outcomes (POs):
- PO1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
M.Tech – Computer Science & Engineering
The vision for this program is to empower students of Computer Science and Engineering Department to be technologically adept, innovative, self-motivated and responsible global citizens with human values who can contribute significantly to quality technical education in an ever changing world.
The M.Tech programme strives to equip students with technical, entrepreneurial and leadership skills so that they can purse professional careers and higher studies and to do so in an environment that is conducive for teaching, learning and research.
Programme Education Objectives (PEOs):
The Program Educational Objectives (PEO) are for students to:
- Excel in their professional career by acquiring knowledge in the advancement of algorithms and methodologies in Computer Science and their application in research and the industry.
- Pursue teaching, higher education and research
- Adapt to technological advancements by engaging in lifelong learning and to develop leadership qualities, professional ethics and related soft skills required for success.
Programme Outcomes (POs):
The Program Outcomes are for graduates to:
- PO-1 Apply their knowledge in Computer Science and Engineering applications that are used in the industry, research or programs of higher studies
- PO-2 Identify and analyze challenges that will help advance intellectual and/or creative research work in a theoretical and practical context.
- PO-3 Design and develop advanced algorithms to solve engineering problems in a feasible and optimal manner.
- PO-4 Demonstrate high order of skills in Computer Science and Engineering through the application of research methodologies / techniques and by conducting experiments, analyzing and interpreting data
- PO-5 Work independently in the application of appropriate techniques, resources and modern software IT tools.
- PO-6 Understand the advantages of group activities and contribute positively to collaborative and multi-disciplinary research.
- PO-7 Manage projects efficiently in their respective disciplines and multi-disciplinary environments.
- PO-8 Communicate effectively on matter related to engineering problems with the engineering community and with society at large.
- PO-9 Recognize the need for and engage in continuous life-long learning to improve knowledge and competencies
- PO-10 Have professional and intellectual integrity, related to conduct and research and to understand the impact of research outcomes on professional practices.
- PO-11 Critically observe and examine the outcomes of one's actions, to take corrective measures and learn from mistakes.