- To promote space technology in educational institutions and encourage research and development in miniaturized satellites.
- To introduce students and other like-minded people in space technology.
- To demonstrate successful inter-state, inter-university, inter-disciplinary and inter-departmental participation in a project.
- To develop leadership qualities and scientific temperament among students.
- To obtain the beacon signal from the satellite. This signal consists of critical health parameter of the satellite.
- To establish a communication link between the satellite and ground station.
- To capture the image of earth with a resolution of 90 meters.
- Transmit the payload and telemetry data to the earth station.
- To develop a sophisticated Master Control Unit (MCU) that will be capable of communicating with amateur satellites in space.