Students Chapter for Institution of Engineers (India)
The Student Chapter is constituted for initiating and imbibing the feeling of belongingness for students into the fraternity of engineering. The Chapter provides for the development of socio-techno intellectual qualities of the members.
Activities of this student chapter are to organize:
- Lectures by corporate members and others on the subject of engineering interest.
- Paper meetings, discussions, seminars and technical films on selected subjects.
- Visits to engineering projects, construction sites, factories, workshops, laboratories etc.
- Competitions on technical subjects including annual paper writing, model building and quiz competitions.
- Promotion of social contacts among the students.
- Other activities conducive to the technical and intellectual advancement of the students.
Colloquiums in the Department
- “Sound Radiation from an Impacting Structure”, held on 25/02/2019
Speaker: Dr. S. Prasad Narla
- “Abrasive Wear Behaviour of Endodontic NITINOL Tools”, held on 28/01/2019
Speaker: Mr. Sriram Mukunda
- “CFD Applications in The Field of Agriculture”, held on 28/12/2018
Speaker: Mr. Bharath V
- “Investigations on Heat Transfer in Cooling of Gas Turbine Blades”, held on 27/11/2018
Speaker: Mr. Arun Kumar G L
- ‘Development of transfemoral amputee walking simulator”, held on 15/10/2018
Speaker: Mr. Mrutyunjay Maharana
- ‘Finite Element Analysis of Static Behaviour - Magneto-Electro-Elastic Structures in Thermal Environment”, held on 26/09/2018
Speaker: Dr. Vinyas M
- “Analytical Model to Predict and Improve Clinching Joint Strength”, held on 23/08/2018
Speaker: Dr. Santosh Kumar
- “Quality Management Systems” held on 26/02/2016
Speaker: Prof. Ravindranath M
- “Nature & Nano” held on 29/03/2016
Speaker: Mr. Rachith S. N
- “Solar Energy – Ultimate Renewable Energy Source” held on 29/04/2016
Speaker: Mr. Harish Kumar L
- “Innovation in Launch Vehicle Technology” held on 01/06/2016
Speaker: Mr. Sandeep G. M
- “Smart Materials – Materials of future” held on 30/06/2016
Speaker: Mr. Kotgi Kotresh
Students chapter for The Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating & Air‐conditioning Engineers (ISHRAE)
The Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating & Air‐conditioning Engineers (ISHRAE), was founded in 1981 in New Delhi. The inspiration and guideline to form this society was, the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air‐conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE).
Starting with 4 members, today ISHRAE has reached membership figure of more than 10,000 pan India. These include engineers, eminent personalities from HVAC industry, Professional from environmental field, industry owner, students etc.
ISHRAE organizes technical events like ACREX, ACRECONF, Acreserve, Racon, Urjavaran,
Ventocnf, Confluence etc. where eminent personalities from India and other countries lecture on their specialized subjects. ISHRAE also organizes technical training sessions where experienced and eminent personalities from HVAC industry conduct the training.
The main activities of the student chapter:
- Advancement of the arts and sciences of heating, air‐conditioning and refrigeration engineering (HVAC) and related services.
- Continuing education of members and other interested persons in the said sciences through lectures, workshops, product presentations and publications.
- Rendition, career guidance and financial assistance to students of the said science
- Encouragement of scientific research
Students Chapter for Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
The Student Chapter is constituted for initiating student’s interest on all levels of automotive projects. SAE organizes various workshops which gives a platform for the student’s to participate in computations at both national and International level.
Activities of this student chapter are to organize:
- Guest lectures by corporate members in the area of automotive.
- Students also do paper presentations and journals of their work in the area of automotive.
- Technical events are organized by the SAE members annually.
- Students are given opportunities to participate in national events like BAJA, e-BAJA, SUPRA
- Students also participate in international event like FHSAE.
Yantra is a student forum of the Department of Mechanical Engineering. Yantra was inaugurated in the year 2003 with a
student and staff membership of 80. Today Yantra has more than 3500 staff members and students which include alumni
students in India and other countries. Under the banner of Yantra, students organize visits to the industry, cultural
events, technical seminars and sporting events.
Yantra brings out annual magazine MECHZINE of the Mechanical Engineering department. The inaugural issue of MECHZINE was published in the year 2004. MECHZINE serves as a platform for the students to publish technical and non technical articles. The magazine facilitates networking of faculty and students new and old.
MECHZINE is the annual magazine of the Mechanical Engineering department at NMIT. The first issue of MECHZINE was published in
the year 2004. MECHZINE serves as a platform for the students to publish technical and non technical articles. The magazine
facilitates networking of faculty and students new and old.
Women's Day Celebration was organized by Mechanical Department on 08/03/2016. All NMIT women faculty members and several men attended the function.