Achievements & Awards
List of Faculty/Student Achievements
- Dr. Vinyas M was Awarded PhD in “Static behaviour of functionally graded Magneto-Electro-Elastic plates and beams in thermal and hygrothermal environment”.
- Dr. Subramanya Prasad was awarded PhD in “understanding the role of microstructure on fracture and failure behaviour of magnesium and its alloy AZ31 by conducting fracture experiments as well as simulating the ductile fracture behaviour using finite strain crystal plasticity finite element method (CPFEM)”.
- Dr. Pradeep V. Badiger was awarded PhD in “Investigations on Characteristics and Performance of Hard Thin Films Developed by Cathodic Arc Evaporation”.
- Dr. Santosh Kumar was awarded PhD in “New Mechanical Methods to Join Sheets in Butt and Lap joint Configuration and Analytical model to predict and improve Clenching Joint strength”.
- Mr. Manoj, Nikhil, Karthik and Rahul secured Third place in National Level Competition for having presented their Project entitled “Design, development and Optimization of legged robot using Klann and Theo and Jansen mechanism”. Conducted at an Annual Research and Technical Symposium of Department of Mechanical Engg, IIT Bombay.
- Sail Mohamed Annigeri of 3rd Semester Mechanical won the Silver Medal in 21k race at VTU Athletic meet - 28th Oct 2018
- Sail Mohamed Annigeri of 3rd Semester Mechanical won the Bronze Medal in 5000 mtr received VTU Athletic meet - 28th Oct 2018
- ISSS best project UG category has been now awarded our mechanical students and guide Mr. Rachith SN. The award has been presented by Padma Vibhushan Prof. Aatre at ISSS conference in Madurai
- Mr. Samir Panda Got IEEE Best Paper Award for presenting a paper entitled “Gold-Polypyrrole Bimorph Actuator for Underwater Robotics Operation”, at IEEE Conference - ICSCAN 2018 (6-7, July, 2018) MIT, Puducherry.
- Ms. Padma Priya and Mr. Mohammed Tayab have completed their Immersion Program cum Project on the topic “Design and Analysis of Aircraft Wing” at North Dakota State University, USA.
BEST DESIGN AWARD" at EGA ( Electrifying Green Aspiration )
Team TRYDAN (the Hybrid vehicle team of NMIT) won the "BEST DESIGN AWARD" at EGA ( Electrifying Green Aspiration ) Two Wheeler Hybrid Championship 2018- a National Level Competition organized by SAEINDIA and TVS Motors -- June 2018
RALLY CAR DESIGN CHALLENGE (RCDC) - 2018
Date : 23rd - 26th March 2017
City : Bikaner, Rajasthan
Venue : Karni Singh Stadium, Bikaner and Shiv Bari Desert, Bikaner
||Mr. Harish Kumar L - Assistant Professor , Dept of
||Mr.Nithin Aithal - Assistant Professor ,Dept of ME
Rally car design challenge (RCDC) is an Engineering design challenge for the budding new engineers of the country. This is India’s first challenge in which Engineering students will be coming in contact and participating with professional motorsports people. The target for the teams is to design a two-seater buggy which is aesthetically and ergonomically sound and is a fun and durable machine in its own ways.
- Team Scorpions and Team Vyghra from Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology had participated in RCDC 2018. Both the teams cleared the Technical round and participated in the dynamic rounds of the race. There were 3 rounds in the Dynamic stage:
- Tame the Desert: – get ready to get stuck- In this round driver had to drive through an open desert, the navigator was provided with a satellite GPS unit which has an inbuilt map of the track with all directions and check points. The track consisted of deep sand dunes and open desert.
- Through the night sky: – (When in doubt throttle it out)
- In this round, the driver had to drive their vehicles through the night in the desert using satellite GPS equipment. Track consisted of grits, stones and sand dunes. The co-ordination between the navigator and the driver played a very crucial role in this round.
- Velodrome Round: This Final round included huge obstacles, water round, drums, tires and bumps through which driver had to take their vehicle. This was a rigorous test of the vehicles suspension and steering capabilities.
SAE EGA Hybrid 2-Wheeler Championship 2018
A team of 15 automotive enthusiasts, bound to engineer and design a parallel hybrid electric scooter to surpass the other students and to earn the badge of honor. With improved and trusted design methods, knowledge and bundle of experience, the team aims the National top ranking. We take this opportunity to turn our ideas into reality and improve the technology we use and to express our creativity and imagination on the overall design of the vehicle to prove our engineering skills and compete with other universities of India.
Team Trydan have stood 2nd in the Virtual Round among all the participants in India.
TVS Motor Company sponsored Jupiter scooter for the participation in SAE EGA event to be held in the month of April 2018.
Faculty Coordinator : Mr. Harish Kumar L, ,Assistant Professor , Dept of ME
TVS sponsored Jupiter scooter for the Team Trydan for the participation in SAE EGA event to be held in the month of April 2018
Best Design Award for Indian Solar Vehicle Championship 2018
The Team HORUS (Solar vehicle team of NMIT) won the BEST DESIGN AWARD for Indian Solar Vehicle Championship 2018, Organized by Credible Future at Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Ambala, Haryana
Faculty Co-ordinator: Mr. Harish Kumar L, Department of Mechanical Engineering.
Congratulations to the Team TRYDON and SAE Faculty advisor Mr. Harish Kumar L(Dept. of ME)
Team TRYDON from NMIT SAE Collegiate Club has cleared the virtual rounds by securing 2nd place at SAE INDIA EGA- Hybrid 2 wheeler Championship 2017( a national level collegiate design competition focused on designing, manufacturing and testing of a Hybrid electric 2-wheeler)which was held on 14/10/2017.
They will be receiving a brand new TVS Jupiter scooter (sponsored by TVS) for their project and participation in the final round to be held in the month of February 2018.