The students of the Department have established an association by the name of SPARKS. Under the banner of SPARKS, students organize co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
Activities of the Sparks Association in the year 2018-19:
- As a CSR initiative, the students and faculty members of the Department organized a visit to the Sumangali Seva Ashrama, Hebbal, Bengaluru on 13th October, 2018.
- The students of V semester hosted a fresher’s day ‘AAGAMAN-2K18’ on 27th October, 2018 to welcome the second year lateral entry (Sem III) students.
- Artista – a painting/sketching competition was organized for the 3rd semester, MCA students by the SPARKS Association. It was held on the 27th November, 2018. The theme was “Coexistence of Nature & Technology.” The event saw maximum participation from the class. The judges appreciated the sense of color and creativity the participants had to offer. Top three submissions were selected and awarded.
- Bengaluru Tech Summit 2018 Visit – The 3rd semester students visited the ‘Bengaluru Tech Summit’ held from 29th November to 1st December, 2018. The students were given an opportunity to visit and interact with the heads and other resource persons from various firms.
- IT Quiz – a technical quiz competition was organized for the 3rd semester on the 14th December, 2018. The questions were purely based on various programming languages and general technological topics. The event saw maximum participation from the class.
- HAL Heritage Centre & Aerospace Museum Visit – The 3rd semester MCA students visited the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Heritage Centre & Aerospace Museum, Bangalore, on 15th December, 2018.
- ALUMNI ASSOCIATION – The alumni association of the Department called ‘EKTHA – Journey NMIT never ends’ was formed in the year 2018. The first alumni meet ‘EKTHA- 2K18’ was organized on November 03, 2018 for all the passed out batches from the year 2009. The association plans to organize an alumni meet every year.