VISION, MISSION, OBJECTIVE & OUTCOMES
To develop technically competent Aeronautical Engineers of the highest academic standards to meet the national and global requirements of industry and society.
To impart quality education in Aeronautical Engineering through top-class teaching – learning process, well-designed curricular& co-curricular activities and state-of-the-art infrastructure
To inculcate ethical values and develop innovative ideas to meet ever changing global requirements through industry-institute interaction and interdisciplinary research.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO-1 Graduates will be successful professionals in the field of Aeronautical Engineering and allied areas.
- PEO-2 Graduates will exhibit skills to work individually and as part of the team with ethics.
- PEO-3 Graduates will pursue higher studies, research and adapt to a world of constantly changing technologies.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering graduates will be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of Complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, Societal and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations on complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate the knowledge of and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large such as being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project Management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific outcomes (PSOs)
In addition to the above outcomes, the undergraduates of NMIT Aeronautical Engineering programme shall demonstrate the following capability defined by the two PSOs.
- PSO1 : Graduates will be able to design and analyze various aircraft materials and structures.
- PSO2 : Graduates will be able to develop solutions for various aerodynamic, propulsion and control systems used in aircrafts.