Core values of NITTE Meenakshi Institute of Technology are based on pivotal aspects such as
contributing to the global technical needs, fostering competency to address the challenges among
students, inducing value system among stakeholders of NMIT, and usage of contemporary and state of
the art technologies in day to day operations.
The core values are our pillars that strengthen the institutional culture, identity, and work ethics. It defines
the characteristic traits of each and every stakeholder of NMIT and it acts as a guide for us.
- Knowledge: Knowledge is proven; gaining knowledge on day to day basis is the need of the
- Character: One’s character with others and self is of at most important for lasting human
relationships, values and healthy work culture.
- Unity: Unity is at the heart of NMIT. We are honest, fair, consistent, accountable, open and
transparent in our day-to-day activities and we are committed to building trust and mutual
- Excellence: We believe excellence in academics and research is our standard and not a goal.
We are always committed to uplift ourselves to stand at par with reputed institutions of India
- Commitment: We are committed to being the best to the fullest of our ability. In order to
achieve this, we consider the stakeholders of NMIT at the focal point of every activity. We fully
commit to deliver consistently delivering on expectations of the stakeholders of NMIT. We
constantly look to improve ourselves and our abilities to achieve excellence.
- Teamwork: Working constantly and helping each other while advancing towards betterment
of the institution
- Entrepreneurship: We truly value and implement entrepreneurial environment for students
and faculty. We want some of our students to be job providers instead of job seekers.
- Contributing to National Development: We are committed to inculcate the culture of research
and innovation for technically solving national level societal problems by participating in
- Fostering Global Competencies among Students: Committed to offer comprehensive
educational programs and the culture of research and innovation making our students globally
- Inculcating a Value System in Students: Committed towards building strong professional
ethics and human values among students by offering courses/ learning activities related to
professional ethics and values.
- Promoting the Use of Technology: Committed to create, select and apply appropriate
techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools to solve complex engineering problems.
- Transparency: As we are an autonomous institution, each academic/ non-academic activity is
being carried out with full transparency. Changes in the curriculum / Teaching Learning /
Assessment / Student-Faculty orientation / Meetings /Accreditation details etc., will be notified
to all the stake holders through Institution website/ student management system.
- Accountability: The administrative staff and faculty of the institution are made accountable
for every academic/non-academic activity and monitored by the principal / Management.